1. DATA CONTROLLER
Your personal data are processed by Barcelona Supercomputing Center – Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS), CIF: S-0800099-D. If you have any queries about the process or about how we handle your information, please contact us at:
Address: Torre Girona, c/Jordi Girona 31, 08034 Barcelona (Spain)
General email: infobsc [dot] es (with cc to 4C-enquiriesbsc [dot] es)
Data Officer: rrhhbsc [dot] es
Every participant of the 4C consortium, visitors of our website, people who use our services (e.g. mailing list, newsletters or webinars), as well as people who email us or chat with us.
3. WHAT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU DO WE HANDLE, WHY DO WE HANDLE THAT INFORMATION, WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THIS PROCESSING AND HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN THE INFORMATION?
On top of the personal data collected and processed by the BSC, in the framework of the 4C project, for which you can consult the BSC general legal notice, please note the following:
FOR 4C PARTNERS:
Based on your consent [article 6.1.a of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)]:
- We will publish your contact details on the 4C website and other communication tools or publications for communication purposes;
- We will take and use pictures/videos where you appear, which are taken or made during a meeting or an event related to the 4C project, and post them on the 4C website and/or other communication tools or publications for communication purposes.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to 4C-enquiriesbsc [dot] es. Withdrawing your consent means that the collected personal data will not be used any longer. However, use made of your data in the past remains valid.
WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR A SERVICE (MAILING LIST, NEWSLETTERS, WEBINARS, ETC.):
Based on your consent (article 6.1.a of the GDPR):
- We collect and process your identification data (name, first name, title and email address) for registration and delivering of the service.
You may unsubscribe from the service at any time by sending an email to 4C-enquiriesbsc [dot] es. We will not keep your data once you have unsubscribed.
WHEN YOU EMAIL US, CHAT WITH US OR OTHERWISE CONTACT US:
We process your contact details, when required, in order to provide you with the requested support. This data processing is based on your consent (article 6.1.a of the GDPR).
WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR EVENTS:
Based on your consent (article 6.1.a of the GDPR):
When you register for events,
- We collect your identification data (first name, surname, title, email address, and phone numbers) and professional data (position and institution).
- We ask you whether you have any special dietary requirements or other specific needs. These data are collected for the organisation of the event. Please note that we do not keep your dietary requirements or other mentioned specific needs after the event.
- We also ask you whether you are in agreement with us:
- Including your contact details in the list of participants to the event, which is made available on the 4C website / to all participants for networking purposes;
- Taking and using pictures or videos during the event for promotional and informational purposes.
If you do not provide consent for taking pictures or videos, it does not impact your participation in events, workshops or webinars.
WHEN YOU CONTACT US TO MAKE USE OF YOUR DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS:
We process your contact details and the proof of your identity that you send to us in order to address your request. We may also, depending on your request, process other personal data we have collected in order to address your request. This data processing is performed for compliance with the legal obligations to which we are subject to according to article 6.1.c of the GDPR.
4. USE OF SERVICE PROVIDERS AND TRANSFER TO THIRD PARTIES
5. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data are handled in full confidentiality. We make all necessary efforts to take technical and organisational measures that might be required so as to ensure the security of your personal data.
Your personal information will be incorporated into the files of the BSC-CNS servers located in c/Jordi Girona, 31, 08034 Barcelona (Spain), as we do not use an external service provider.
6. HOW LONG IS THE INFORMATION RETAINED FOR?
These data will be preserved while it is needed, as long as you do not oppose to it, or during the periods legally determined by each applicable regulation.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR), you have the following rights as an individual, which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you:
- Right to request from us access to and rectification of your personal data;
- Right to request us to erase your data (right to be forgotten) in the cases foreseen by article 17 of the GDPR;
- Right to obtain from us restriction of processing where there is contestation about the data processing for a period enabling to solve the issue;
- Right to data portability;
- Where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent means that we will no longer make use of your data, including pictures. However, any use of your data made in the past remains valid.
YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data which is based on Article 6(1),(f) of the GDPR (our legitimate purposes) as mentioned above.
To exercise those rights, please send us an email to rrhhbsc [dot] es (with cc to 4C-enquiriesbsc [dot] es) together with a proof of your identity, or write to us at the following address: Torre Girona, c/Jordi Girona, 31, 08034 Barcelona (Spain).
Please note that you always have the right to lodge a complaint to the Spanish Data Protection Agency.